The PIDS3 – Smart Photoionisation Module Version 2 is an OEM module to detect volatile organic compounds with an ionisation potential < 10.6eV. With its built-in electronics and microcontroller as well as a combined humidity/temperature sensor it provides a flexible and easy to use adaption into your measurement system.
- Measurement ranges 0…2000ppm* (Low range up to 20ppm and High range up to 5000 ppm version available as well)
- PID signal linearization
- Temperature and humidity compensation
- Wide range power supply 10.0V…28.0V DC
- RS485 interface for digital output and configuration
- Analog output 4...20mA (optional)
*related to ISBUTENE standard in air
The PIDS uses a hollow cathode lamp (10.6 eV) as ionization source. This lamp provides a high stable light output and a guarantied life time for more than 8000 hours ( typical more than 15000 hours ).
The RS485 interface supports reading measurement, diagnostic results, remote calibration and configuration. The RS485 interface allows additional flexibility to choose the right interface for industrial and laboratory applications. The optional analog 4…20mA output represents the linearized and compensated concentration value in different scaling.